Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Adeline Makundi: one year on, our memories are still fresh

One year ago, on 20 July 2010, in the small hours of morning, my sisterAde left us. Inevitable, as every living person must follow that path at one time or other, all we have to do is not to squat and lament and pray for impossible, but celebrate her life. Remember happy times with her.
I was perhaps the person most touched by Ade's demise as we two last of siblings grew up together at Komakundi village. Ade was my tutor, by the time I started schooling I was already conversant with some of the subjects being taught two classes ahead.
In this photo of 2007, Ade (in sleeveless blowse) is seated with her nieces Lilian and Naima.
Yes, she is still fresh in our memories.

1 comment:

NEW IN TOWN said...

i micd her already may her soul find peace in place of heaven....RIP AUNT