Monday, October 30, 2006

In a Yahoo! fix




I don't know how it happened, but I'm stuck. My yahoo mail login refuses to acknowledge my login password, claiming it's invalid. I've had the account for as long as 8 years, all without a hassle.

When I try to go for password recovery, the bot nicely leads me through stages: birth date, security word etc. Then there is a choice to make between two alternatives - EITHER receive a new temporary password in alternate email address OR to answer a question as once answered long ago during subscription.

Now here comes a problem: when I choose to receive a new temp password on alternate email I receive none in a number of email addresses that I'm keeping. In the course of 8 years I've also disposed (or lost) a number of email addresses, (lycos.com, hotpop.com, libero.it, hotmail.com, avu.org etc etc) it's likely the alternate email belong ot one of those.

When it comes to answer to simple question "what was your first school?" the true and only answer I give is not accepted. Reason is most likely that I didn't answer truth during subscription.

I'm still trying although I'll miss a wealth of information saved in that account if I never get to recover it. And, er, I have been using that as my yahoo id in all services including geocities, groups and IM. I am an owner/moderator in a number of y!groups. I guess I just have to get it back.

I've obtained another yahoo login from mothballs in a scenario thatI suspect has something to do with loss of my popular login. Years after attempting to create a simple makundi(at)yahoo.com account (unsuccessfully), I received email message from alternate email address requesting me to verify it. I did with several unsuccessful attempts of passwords, sending request for lost pwd recovery of makundi y! ID. This morning, pronto, my most obvious (call it obsolete) password sprung makundi ID without much ado.

Websurfers who crawl this blog, post ideas...

No comments: