Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Internet and mobile communications in Tanzania - things are getting better

Two years ago one would hardly imagine what was coming with respect to information and communication technology.

- I'm writing this post while connected to a fixed wireless terminal with internet ported into the pc via a usb cable. The connection claims to be 230.4 kbps, although in reality it's not that. The CDMA wireless set is sold affordably at about 90 usd and with minimmu hassle.

- I do surf some webpages, including reading my yahoo and gmail mails anywhere on my nokia 6030 cellphone-a value-added subscriber perk by celtel tanzania

- Cellphones prices have hit the ground, with sets as low as 15 usd!

With all the other great things on the net such as google maps, blogs and p2p, I never cease to be amazed by the everchanging landscape of ict in Tanzania and the world.
Cherish the day...

No comments: