Thursday, October 20, 2005

They and us/Kudos Ms Blackman


Sometimes early in the morning, still in bed, my mind sometimes wanders about things I've been doing, things I've seen, people I've met and so forth.This morning I found myself thinking of one gifted lady, Rachel Blackman.
I've not met Ms Blackman in person, but I once wrote her an email that she politely replied.

So how did I get to know of her? Like many Tanzanians who use the Internet, I do subscribe to Tanzanet, an online forum of Tanzanians scattered world over to exchange information, news, jokes etc. The mailing list is run by Ecartis software. Two years or so ago, there had been time when my email client couldn't process messages from and to the Tanzanet list, so upon searching about Ecartis, I discovered that it was written by one Rachel Blackman. Googling her, I discovered that she was in her early twenties. Browsing here resume I learned that she was a star programmer.

Now, that is something you wouldn't easily find around East Africa: a 20-something young person, and a girl at that, having made a mark that touches a large chunk of humanity. I truly appreciate, and may God bless her.

No comments: